Regulation Skippers Council Solar Sport One
The purpose of the Skippers Council for Solar Sport One regulated events is to have an independent board to advice both parties; participants and organization. The following rules apply:
1. The Skippers Council is an independent advisory body that will advice on all matters relevant to the participating teams and the competition rules, technical regulations and race organization to the SSO organization and participating team-members.
2. SSO organization is to consult the Skippers Council prior to any rule changes.
3. The Skippers Council is composed of former participating teammember or organization or other knowledgable persons.
4. The Skippers Council is lead by a board consisting of a minimum of three persons who have knowledge of various aspects of holding competitions with boats.
5. The Skippers Council consists of one skippers chief and one of the members is to appoint as vice skippers chief. New members will be appointed by the current council members. Members of the Skippers Council are preferably not competing during their membership. The Skippers Council is responsible for attracting members.
6. The board of the Skippers Council will organize a yearly meeting for participants on an easily accessible location in the Netherlands prior to a European school year.
7. In addition, the Skippers Council may in writing or by email communicate with the participants and conduct surveys among the teams. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8. The findings of the Skippers Council will be published on the SSO website.